Table of Contents Hide
High Cable Fly: How To Do It Properly
When it comes to learning how to do cable fly exercises, you might be confused by the different variations out there. High cable fly, also known as high pulley cable fly, can be used in many other strength training workouts and sports conditioning programs. Here’s how to do high cable fly exercises properly so you can get the most out of your workout time.
1. To do a high to low cable fly, start by standing tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and a slight bend in your knees.
2. Grab the handles of the cables, one in each hand, and extend your arms out to the sides at shoulder height.
3. From here, slowly bring your hands together in front of your chest while keeping your arms straight.
4. Once your hand touches, reverse the motion and return to the starting position.
5. Be sure to keep your core engaged throughout the exercise and resist the temptation to arch your back as you bring your hands together.
6. After completing 8 reps on one side, switch over to the other for an equal number of reps before repeating on both sides again for another set.
7. Continue this pattern until your desired number of sets has been completed or until the time is up.
8. If you want more advanced high cable fly variations, try adding weight by holding a dumbbell between your legs or wearing ankle weights during the exercise instead of using just your body weight!
High To Low Cable Fly Common Mistakes
1. Not using a full range of motion: When you do a high to low cable fly, make sure you bring the weight all the way down to your chest. This will ensure that you’re getting a full range of motion and working all the muscles in your chest.
2. Trying to hold onto the bar: Unless you are super strong, there is no need to hold onto the bar when doing high-low cable flys because it can lead to injury.
3. Swinging instead of controlling: Avoid swinging back with your arm as this may cause injury or fatigue more quickly and lessen your muscle workouts.
4. Doing them on machines rather than cables: Machines are great for beginners, but they should be avoided once progress has been made and done so without fear of injury or feeling discouraged when trying new things like high-low cable flies
READ MORE; 15 Best Pull Exercises Of All Time
The high cable fly is an excellent exercise for working your shoulders, but it’s essential to do it properly. Make sure to keep your back straight, your abs engaged, and your arms parallel to the floor. Start with a light weight and gradually increase the amount of weight you’re using. Remember to breathe and stay focused on form throughout the entire exercise.